HAPPY 420 DAY: Stop and inhale our Top 9 stoner flicks, man !

Forums: 

http://blog.al.com/entertainment_source/2011/04/stop_and_inhale_our_top_...

Happy 420 Day: Stop and inhale our Top 9 stoner flicks, man
Published: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 4:20 AM Updated: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 8:44 AM

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- I've never inhaled. Never even lit up, in fact. Growing up, I was terrified of drugs, including marijuana, or "pot," as those 1990s ruffians called it.

Credit responsible parenting, an effective D.A.R.E. program or after-school television movies. All I know is I wouldn't touch the stuff with a 10-foot hemostat.

But at some point in my young age, I quit letting it totally bother me when copious numbers either smoked, snorted or shot up on screen, although it does still give me a bit of an icky feeling. I guess I associated marijuana, the one we're all most exposed to as children, with bad guys (or kids, in most cases).

Once someone (older siblings and cousins, probably) introduced the "stoner movie" to me, I found it was OK to like a pothead movie character. They weren't as "evil" as you might think. All they did was laugh and squint.

So as years passed, and my world opened up to other films, music and people, I embraced the culture so long as it stayed on screen and out of my living room.

Some well-to-do folks might double-take at the apparent smell of Cheetos, sound of laughter and sight of high-fives today. But when you see your buddy who still needs his single for the next Phish show, wish him or her a Happy 420 Day, a day in which those who partake celebrate the consumption (and most cases, the advocacy of decriminalization) of all things weed.

So on this April 20, or 4/20, let's snag a spot in the drum circle and get a cool buzz going with our favorite stoner movies, a pleasant subgenre revolving around the halflings' leaf will clearly slow your mind.

Voir les liens des teaser sur le site.

Commentaires

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.